The following tribes have existing climate change adaptation plans. The list has been compiled from publicly available information and is not comprehensive. If your tribal nation would like to be included, please contact Chad Marchand.
More information on many of the listed plans is available in the report from the Tribal Leaders Summit on Climate Change held at the University of Arizona in November 2015.
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes: Climate Change: Strategic Plan
- Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe: Climate Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Plan
- Navajo Nation: Considerations for Climate Change and Variability Adaptation on the Navajo Nation
- Nez Perce Tribe: Clearwater River Subbasin Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- Oglala Lakota Nation: Oyate Omniciyé | Oglala Lakota Plan
- Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians: A Climate Adaptation Plan for the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indian
- Shinnecock Indian Nation: Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe: Climate Change Adaptation Plan for Akwesasne
- Swinomish Tribe: Swinomish Climate Change Initiative Climate Adaptation Action Plan
- Village of Newtok: Relocation Report: Newtok to Mertarvik
- Yurok Tribe: Yurok Tribe and Climate Change: An Initial Prioritization Plan
Map of Tribal Adaptation Plans